Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change my drum brakes for disc brakes on my 1973 Scout II?

The individual drums are $170 per drum, I was wondering if it was cheaper to convert or find another drum that fits.How do I change my drum brakes for disc brakes on my 1973 Scout II?
It isn't a simple matter to change from drum to disk brakes espically on a vehicle this old that was never designed for disk brakes in the first place. You are going to need backing plates and rotors and calipers that will work and then get a proportioning valve for the system. The parts for the conversion are going to be more than the $170 per drum that you are looking at now.How do I change my drum brakes for disc brakes on my 1973 Scout II?
This isn't something you do to save money. This is something you do because you want the improved performance and money is no object!