Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the brakes and hardware kit on my back brakes?

I have a 1985 chevy s-10. 6 cylinder. 2 wheel drive. Standard. I have no idea how to start. I took the drum off and there is a bunch of black gunk and parts just fell everywhere. I bought a hardware kit and a set of shoes. The drum is ok. Does any one know were I can find an instruction manual or explain to me how to do this?How do I change the brakes and hardware kit on my back brakes?
I would suggest that you get the chilton repair manual for you make and model from your library.It should show you how it all goes together.Another way would be to remove the opposite wheel and brake drum and take a look at it to see how it is in place.How do I change the brakes and hardware kit on my back brakes?
type into search box

how to replace rear brake shoes



heres one pretty good oneHow do I change the brakes and hardware kit on my back brakes?
1 if you don't already know how to do brakes, why are you doing them?? Leave a safety item like that to someone who knows what they are doing. Even



2 IF THERE IS BLACK GUNK (like brake fluid or grease) THEN YOU HAVE A LEAKING WHEEL CYLINDER OR REAR axle SEAL THAT NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED BEFORE THE BRAKES ARE REPLACED



take this to someone who knows what they are doing.
  • acne fighting treatments
  • funny pet name
  •