Thursday, June 2, 2011

How expensive would it be to replace ball joints?

in my 91 park avenue? I was told by a midas machanic that my left tire, that the ball joints are going bad (hence my car sways side to side when driving) but i was curious as to what it would cost me? and is it an easy enough fix where a %26quot;non mechanic%26quot; like my self can fix? ( i've changed my own brakes %26quot;rotors and drum brakes%26quot; aswell as fixed other problems i've had w/ the engine....this is my second car and I'd be more than happy w/ having the mechanical lesson, but it's almost october and it's getting pretty cold in michingan. thanks yaHow expensive would it be to replace ball joints?
Get yourself a book first of all, and see what it looks like to replace them.You should have a book for it anyhow.



I mark where the old ball joints are with a scribe or white out before unbolting them, and put the new ones in the same place, then go get aligned.



Not too expensive for ball joints, probably about $40 a side, but you should really check alignment afterwards.Minor/intermediate job.